Sunday, December 30, 2012

LIFESTYLE || Resolutions for 2013

734755_10151416437853974_377399220_n_large

Every year I make some new year resolutions, and every year I break them. I think I've figured out why. I always made resolutions like, actually make my homework or don't eat too much candy. But those goals weren't necessary. I already made most of my homework and didn't get fat no matter how much candy I ate. For 2013, I want to set some goals that I can actually achieve and which I can be very proud of if I actually made it. Here they are, my new years resolutions.



Get accepted to the School of the Arts. This is my number one goal for the coming year. I want to get in to the department Audiovisual Media. In only a month and a halve I have to visit this school and show my portfolio. If they like it, I can get invited to an interview. After that interview I have to wait for two weeks, until I get an email saying if I either got in or got denied. Right now I'm working hard on my portfolio, trying to get everything right on time, and hopefully.. get in. I'm very stressed out right now about it but I've just got to have some faith that I'm not a completely untalented fool. Which brings me to my second resolution.

Stress less. When it comes to school and deadlines I can get myself completely mad due to stress. Most of the time it's not even for a reason, but most often it does have a reason, I just over react. Bring on the aroma candles and bubble baths.. I'm going to relax...

Keep my room tidy. Something I'm sure most teenagers struggle to do. I love it when my room is clean, but after only a day or two it looks like there's been a battle between my clothes and my make-up. So yeah, that's one I've tried to keep before, but I'm gonna give myself another chance!

Post video's on my blog. So far I've only posted photos even though it was my intention from the start to add some video's. At first I didn't do it because I didn't have a good camera, but right now I'm simply postponing it because of all the negativity people often get as a reaction on video's of themselves. In 2013 I want to get over that insecurity and simply do it. You can expect a hair tutorial in less then two weeks ^^.

Be kinder to others, bring more joy. It's not as if I'm a completely selfish person, in fact I always try to be very kind and help others. But still I feel like I can do a lot more. Make a cup of tea for my mom, donate money to a charity, make someone smile. I've got a few plans on how to make this happend but you'll see that in a video later on.

Eat healthier. I don't want to go on a crash diet, but I do want to simply eat better. More vegetables, more fruits, less fast food and cookies. I've actually made a good start already, because lately I've been making a smoothie almost every day as breakfast, hah!

Make good use of things I don't use, ever. I've got lots of clothes that don't fit me, stuff that doesn't look good, books I don't read. Time to make them useful! I'm going to try some DIY (Do It Yourself) ideas, and trade clothes I that don't fit me with friends, or use the fabric to make something else.

Learn how to paint my nails properly. Yeah, I can't paint my nails. It always looks as if I've let a child play with my nail polish. 2013, get ready for some awesome nails!

Save my money again. Since I've bought a gorgeous camera, and a laptop, I'm officially broke. Something I've never been before. From now on I'm going to save my money again, so I'll have a lovely biggy bank to fill up with every penny.

That's it! Happy new year everyone, see you in 2013!



No comments:

Post a Comment